Anglican Church Records on Microfilm
The beginnings of the Anglican Church in Yarmouth County, NS, occurs after the arrival of the Loyalists in 1784. Although no official parish was established until the early 1800's the Anglicans at Yarmouth and at Tusket, NS, were serviced by various missionaries who usually came from Shelburne or Digby, NS. Therefore, records for early Yarmouth Anglican families will sometimes be found in the records of Holy Trinity Church at Digby, NS, and in Christ Church records at Shelburne, NS.
Holy Trinity Parish in Yarmouth, NS, obtained its first resident priest in 1806, and the parish registers begin in that year. Although the Loyalist settlers at Tusket, NS, petitioned as early as 1793 for an Anglican Church to be established in that community, nothing was done until 1843 when a church was finally established there. St. Stephen's Church and Parish existed from that time until 1906. Although St. Stephen's Church still exists at Tusket, NS, it is now served by the priests from the Holy Trinity Parish in Yarmouth, NS.